Need Help! Can't Find Dura-Pen ANYWHERE (trying to treat vent disease)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxmarblebuns

Reaction score
To put it simply we need to treat our entire herd (8 possibly 9) but cannot find meds anywhere because of this bullshit and people panic buying. So, does anyone know where to find Dura-Pen online? (No stores have it) or another affective treatment for vent disease?

Don’t yell at me for not treating this sooner, we have lost 4 close family members sense December among other family tragedies, me and my brother have also been busy school and my parents have been busy with work. We have been dealing with what I highly suspect to be vent disease in our rabbitry sense early December. The moment that we saw symptoms we kept everyone in their separate pens and isolated the original rabbit, however that original doe had already contacted two of our bucks. Now it appears that at least three of our five does are outwardly affected, none of the bucks are showing outward symptoms.

To put it simply we need to treat our entire herd (8 possibly 9) but cannot find meds anywhere because of this bullshit and people panic buying. So, does anyone know where to find Dura-Pen online? (No stores have it) or another affective treatment for vent disease?

Don’t yell at me for not treating this sooner, we have lost 4 close family members sense December among other family tragedies, me and my brother have also been busy school and my parents have been busy with work. We have been dealing with what I highly suspect to be vent disease in our rabbitry sense early December. The moment that we saw symptoms we kept everyone in their separate pens and isolated the original rabbit, however that original doe had already contacted two of our bucks. Now it appears that at least three of our five does are outwardly affected, none of the bucks are showing outward symptoms.
I haven't been able to find it either, for the same reason. We're all going to be stuck paying the steep price for "experts" that don't know half of what rabbit breeders know, to decide whether we can be trusted to access meds to treat our own stock. And if we can't afford that, or know our what our rabbits need better than the so-called experts, our animals will be the ones to suffer.

The good news is that for most situations there is a natural remedy that works as well or better than the drugs produced by big pharma and controlled by big brother and the vet industry. Unfortunately, I haven't ever found one for vent disease. If I was in your situation, though, and couldn't get DuraPen, I would try raw honey. Raw, unheated, unprocessed honey has pretty potent antibacterial/antiviral/antifungal properties (and it won't kill your rabbit if it is ingested).

I am really sorry to hear of your family losses. It seems that so many people are losing loved ones in recent months.

Latest posts

Back