Need a large indoor hutch, would this work?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
Aivituvin-AIR19 Indoor Outdoor Rabbit Hutch | Bunny Cage (Inner Space 9.6ft²)

That's the biggest cage I've found so far, he was about 10lbs but has lost a bit as he's aged. I want to bring him inside and let him live his final years out in an awesome space surrounded by the people that love him. I can tell the temp dropping and rising has not been easy on him this year, even though they're in an enclosed area it gets pretty chilly in there sometimes.
Also looking for recommendations for senior rabbit food, so if you happen to see this and know of any please let me know. I can't remember the exact brand I'm using currently but it's a non-gmo type.

honestly, I would litter train him and put him in an x-pen. He'll probably do better in that than in one of those hutches. Are you planning on neutering him?
Not planning on neutering as he's quite old and I think it would be too hard in his body, I was thinking about an x-pen but where we love currently that isn't an option, partly due to lack of space and partly due to there being way too many dogs here. He wouldn't be spending all of his time in the cage though, and I do plan on litterbox training him once he's inside and I see where his new favorite spot is.

We are however planning on moving out with some friends soon, so at that point if I got this cage he'd have it plus a pen to free roam during the day. But right now, any time he'd move outside the cage 6 dogs would start barking like crazy (not my dogs unfortunately)

Not planning on neutering as he's quite old and I think it would be too hard in his body, I was thinking about an x-pen but where we love currently that isn't an option, partly due to lack of space and partly due to there being way too many dogs here. He wouldn't be spending all of his time in the cage though, and I do plan on litterbox training him once he's inside and I see where his new favorite spot is.

We are however planning on moving out with some friends soon, so at that point if I got this cage he'd have it plus a pen to free roam during the day. But right now, any time he'd move outside the cage 6 dogs would start barking like crazy (not my dogs unfortunately)
Seen this hutch social media and everyone seems to love it. Also have an unalteres male and hes pretty respectful about where to go potty and not chew anything hes not suppose to. Good luck on bring your guy in!

I like to use multi-tier ferret or cat cage. Only problem if they spray you'll need a way to protect area outside the cage. My rabbits like to rest on the top tier.

I like to use multi-tier ferret or cat cage. Only problem if they spray you'll need a way to protect area outside the cage. My rabbits like to rest on the top tier.
Ive looked at those but I'm afraid he'd be way too big, he's about 10lbs when he's holding weight, which over this rough winter he's lost a bit, another reason I want him inside. The ferret cages look more appropriate for the typical household rabbit that's like 2-4lbs 😂

He was an indoor rabbit in the past after sustaining a back injury we thought would leave him paralyzed. He never sprayed while in here and even now outside he doesn't spray despite living next to my other buck. Not sure how I got so lucky, but I am not about to complain 😂

Seen this hutch social media and everyone seems to love it. Also have an unalteres male and hes pretty respectful about where to go potty and not chew anything hes not suppose to. Good luck on bring your guy in!
He's been in before and for a buck, he really doesn't act it, especially intact. He's always been my least destructive rabbit.. I was tying to stay away from anything wood, cause I know all my other rabbits have loved chewing holes in walls you didn't think it was possible, but he's a good little boy.

Latest posts

Back