Natural Feed - Drying Forage for Winter

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone for all your input.

Now, thinking of doing this the first go around, my newbie fear is I won’t have enough greens dried to last until spring when everything starts coming back and/or I can replant some things. If this happens, would the rabbits do okay just on hay, grain and the salt lick. Obviously I’d feed the greens that I have, but in the scenario of I ran out eventually?

I haven’t read a whole lot on fodder yet, as in sprouting the grains to make a grass, but what I have read is you have to really control the temp and humidity where you’re growing them and it just sounds like it’s really difficult. What I thought I could do instead, which is similar, or maybe it’s still considered fodder, I’m not sure, is do sprouts or microgreens that take about 5-14 days (depending what stage you use them at) just on the countertop. Like the typical ones we’d make for ourselves, as this we don’t really pay attention to temp, humidity, and don’t require light. It’s done in a jar. Would this be good/similar? Things like broccoli sprouts, arugula sprouts, etc. Not grain ones.
Wheat sprouts great in a jar, I used to do them right next to my mung beans, and gets almost sweet. I assume most grains would as long as not kiln dried.

Latest posts

Back