Name tags make it sooooo much easier!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
I have spent the last year trying to remember who is who so a week ago I took the tin snips and cut lots of circles out of some metal sheeting I took out of a cage, punched a hole at the top of each one, took a bit of fence wire and bent it into an S shape, hooked it onto the circle at one end (then clamped that end shut) and used a Sharpie marker to put not only the rabbits name but which of my kids has claimed it as their own.

Then just hung one onto each cage.

Now all I have to do it look beside the door to see who I am dealing with.

This new system ROCKS!

No more fights over "This one is MINE!!! You have the OTHER blue doe!"

Step next is to put their age onto the back of the tag but that is for another day :lol:

Best of all though is that it cost NOTHING! I had all the bits already so just had to spend a bit of time and that was all. :cool:

Awesome! :goodjob:

The best projects are the ones you already have the materials for. :mrgreen:<br /><br />__________ Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:40 pm __________<br /><br />
Duckcomando":lrwnn8ph said:
man I hope they are not tagging the ears with metal tags LOL!
:lol: Bunny earrings!

We have pasture pens, two rabbits each have half of each pen. With 15 does and half a dozen growout pens, it's hard to communicate which rabbits need what so I labeled all the pens. We have our New Zealand pens - NZ1 A/B, NZ2 A/B, etc. Then we have our doe pens for our meat mutts - D1 A/B, D2 A/B - and the same for our bucks (B) and Silver Fox (SF). Growout pens are just numbers. It has helped significantly! All I need to do now is print out the list with the names so Greg knows which rabbits I'm talking about!

Agree with Miss M, best projects are the ones that you have the materials for.

And stopping the "That's one's mine!" = Priceless!

Definitely will be a system you can expand on, like you said about the age. You can also put how many litters, who you bred to, etc. Good system to have. I know it's tough for me to keep it all right in my head.

Karen

This is one of our next projects. I don't know if we will just do cards on their feeders of what yet, but I am tired of having to look up date that kits were born, when the does need their nest boxes, which buck they were bred with, etc. We only have 4 does and 2 bucks, but it is already getting more difficult to remember as we are getting more litters under our belts (haha, pardon the pun. Didn't mean to do that).

Just recently, I started writing directly on the J feeders with a sharpie. I put name, DOB, Ear # and any pertinent breeding or litter info...it works great! The Index Cards were always getting nasty and faded. And the sharpie wipes off with alcohol easily.

Back