My Rabbits aren’t breeding:( Help.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's possible that this is due to something lacking in their diet. Vitamin A and Vitamin E are both necessary for breeding enthusiasm and success. These vitamins are added to rabbit pellets, but they are vulnerable to loss when in storage.

You could try adding dark leafy greens like dandelion to their diet for Vitamin A and wheat germ, wheat germ oil, or black oil sunflower seeds for Vitamin E. If you google Vitamin A for rabbits or Vitamin E for rabbits you will find more information. Don't go overboard with these supplements. Phase them in, especially if the rabbits have been accustomed to a pellet diet. All changes in diet should be made slowly. (I'm sure you know this, Jackrabbit, but these posts are also read by people new to rabbits, so I try to make my answers as complete as possible.)

They are standard Rex, Most of the ones I “bred” are over a year old and proven. I have 5 bucks, and “bred” 20 does. So each buck “bred” 4 does. The way I do my breeding now is like so. Take the doe to the buck, wait for 3 fall-offs to occur, then after 3 fall-offs leave them together for 24 hrs, then pull the doe out of the bucks cage and take her back to her cage. It’s the way I’ve had the MOST success with breeding in the past. Also I put “” around bred cuz they HAD FALL-OFFS but NO kits. Cosima, I’m terrible with explaining weather. Here is a screenshot of the weather on my phone today. This is usually the weather we have every day here in the summer time. 4FC4F1F4-FB03-4E4A-9DCE-B618731CFDF6.png

Boy... How old are your bucks?

Also, breeding 18 rabbits at once... That's a LOT of work and babies, but if you already know that, awesome, go for it 🤣

All the bucks are 2 years old. I’ve bred lots in the past, and I know what it’s like. It’s not hard if you know what your doing. That’s why I’m doing it!

boy Don’t have a clue!
If they are too young, it could be an issue, but also if they are too old.

Older rabbits can take more effort to breed, (2 years plus) if they have never kindled.
You might have to take a few days of cycling her with buck so she will come in heat.

Latest posts

Back