My rabbit feeding routine

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyla

Reaction score
I know a lot of people have different ways they feed/care for their rabbits and I just wanted to share my ways that have been going pretty well for me! I have mini rexes and they are indoors (like in my air conditioned living room lol)

They all have their own large Sterlite bin with fencing over the top and a water bottle, I use sophresh natural softwood (kiln dried) as bedding and I offer paper/soft bedding for my nursing does & younger kits. I give either timothy/orchard grass hay or alfalfa depending on the rabbit twice a day or when its all eaten up. 1/4 cup Blue Seal Show Hutch Deluxe 17 once a day (free feed for nursing/pregnant does and rabbits under 5 months)

Every other day they get green leaf or romaine lettuce, on days they don't get lettuce they get either a half tablet or full tablet of Oxbow digestive support depending on the rabbit. I try to give them each at least an hour or 2 of free roam time everyday, they get along great with my cats lol.

I realize I never updated on this, a bit messy but heres more or less what every setup looks like 🤦‍♀️

Attachments

• D15F5393-D6F0-4B51-8BF8-80E47E6BA3C0.jpeg
    D15F5393-D6F0-4B51-8BF8-80E47E6BA3C0.jpeg
    382.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 66D59C20-FF7E-447F-97C8-0B659F91E8AD.jpeg
    66D59C20-FF7E-447F-97C8-0B659F91E8AD.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 0
My rew buck does not particularly care where he goes potty lol

Water bottles are clipped onto the outsides of the bins with the nozzle going through. And yes, they live in bins, they are allowed to free roam everyday, I eventually want to get somewhat of a cat door on all of the sides that can lock to make playtime somewhat easier

Latest posts

Back