My Meat Bucks

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
I will be winnowing these three boys down to one, but wanted to show you the boys I'm raising up right now.

Jinko (off a NZ-Harlequin doe and a son of Biscuit). A bit of a nut, does one staying in one cage and not being shifted around.

Sneak Thief (mutt California type) - named by my son. Sweet boy but overall just a goof.

and Jack Same mom as Jinko, mixed breed dad. he's a very calm buck. Nothing bugs him.

My goal is to breed Jinko to the meat does I have and then cull him (probably sell him to a meat breeder).
Then use Jack next to bring in some colour .. pros and cons to this. Some folks see the harlequin shading and they won't touch the rabbits with a 10 foot pole, others go COOL COLOURS we want 'em!"
I think the cali buck (should he make the final cut and I'll know before Jinko's first litter is raised up) will add some size and "other" colouration options. I want to use him on Poppet to see what happens with that mix.

If I have time tomorrow I'll introduce you to my meat girls.

Latest posts

Back