My luck to get rabbits that cant or wont bred err

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joybellfarm

Reaction score
I got to vent somewhere err cant believe our luck.
First the does willing to bred. I got a trio in september for my daughter after 2 missed breeding sold the buck. And my friend gave my daughter proven buck and a prego doe. She kindled and is our first litter. So then 1 of the trio does missed again with this new buck. So she is for sale. The free lionhead doe we got she is pass due she showed all the signs she was going to have babies. Making a nest and caring hay around. But nothing know day 32:(. The last trio doe is due this weekend and we got our fingers crossed for babies. She looks pudgy so im hopping she has at least 2 in there.
Know the does refusing to bred. first a doe my daughter picked out she is a older girl she was so willing with the buck that looked sterile know that the buck of her bred is ready to bred she has been refusing. And ive been trying off and on for a month.About this same time i bought a new doe about the same time she comes from great lines even has a leg. Well after a month of trying she refuses to bred. Ive put a heat lamp over her cage and the other does cage to. This new doe had a daughter that also refused but i did get her to force bred. But im not sure she took.
ERRR ive spent so much for rabbits and feed for my daughter so far and all i got to show for it is 1 small litter. I so want to go back to meat rabbits. Never had problems breeding those mutts. This mini rex, lion heads and Holland lops are nothing but trouble. We have 9 does 2 are jrs and to young 1 is proven and produces. And the rest are ether willing but dont produce or flat out refuse to bred.

joybellfarm":2g1i079c said:
I got to vent somewhere err cant believe our luck.
First the does willing to bred.
I got a trio in September for my daughter after 2 missed breeding sold the buck.
Buying older rabbits, ""usually"" doesn't work out well. It's much better to buy young stock and allow them to mature in the environment they produce in.

And my friend gave my daughter proven buck and a prego doe. She kindled and is our first litter. So then 1 of the trio does missed again with this new buck. So she is for sale.
Why sell a 'problem' rabbit? Is she overweight? If she is, you may be successful if she's put on a diet and drops some weight.

The free lionhead doe we got she is past due she showed all the signs she was going to have babies. Making a nest and caring hay around. But nothing know day 32:
There may be a reason she was "free".

The last trio doe is due this weekend and we got our fingers crossed for babies. She looks pudgy so I'm hoping she has at least 2 in there.
Know the does refusing to breed. first a doe my daughter picked out she is a older girl she was so willing with the buck that looked sterile know that the buck of her bred is ready to bred she has been refusing. And I've been trying off and on for a month.
Are your rabbits on a timer set for 14-16 hours of daylight? Less light hitting the pituitary gland reduces their abilities to breed and conceive.

About this same time I bought a new doe about the same time she comes from great lines even has a leg. Well after a month of trying she refuses to breed. I've put a heat lamp over her cage and the other does cage to. This new doe had a daughter that also refused but i did get her to force bred. But I'm not sure she took.
Have you tried palpating on days 12-15? You can gain a little time if you discover the does aren't pregnant.

ERRR I've spent so much for rabbits and feed for my daughter so far and all I've got to show for it is 1 small litter.

I so want to go back to meat rabbits. Never had problems breeding those mutts. This mini rex, lion heads and Holland lops are nothing but trouble. We have 9 does 2 are jrs and too young 1 is proven and produces. And the rest are ether willing but don't produce or flat out refuse to bred.

Hope you can work the kinks out of these new rabbits. Raising rabbits
isn't nearly as easy as the general population assumes. If conditions
aren't 'correct' they won't do squat for their caretaker.

Grumpy.

I sell them cheep for meat or pets people know they missed. The look healthy and not over weight and only get 4 oz of feed a day. Yes i agree im going to buy only babies anymore ive got a baby reserved to pick up when she is ready. The free doe is that a freebie if she gives babies it would be a bonus as Robin wants to do lineheads so i will go buy the buck for her. And she did have babies last night yeppy but 2 died in the night.
The Light is on all night off during the day i know i need to get a timer. I cant palpate i try and try and so far ive never felt babies.
I just know with my meat rabbits i used to raise they would breed all yr no problems and always give me large litters and i could always have the babies sold.

Latest posts

Back