my first bunch of babie buns

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dark.lapin

Reaction score
My new doe kindled on ash wensday and had six babies. Will have pictures soon. She's a steel flemish giant.
I lost one today.....I know I did everything right and mom is feeding the babies but I feel horrible...

There will always be occasional losses... Nature's way and usually for a good reason, some defect one can't see. Try not to feel badly about it. It's a shock to find a dead one the first time... I still remember... but as time passes it does get a bit easier to accept these things philosophically.

MaggieJ":30zr9inv said:
There will always be occasional losses... Nature's way and usually for a good reason, some defect one can't see. Try not to feel badly about it. It's a shock to find a dead one the first time... I still remember... but as time passes it does get a bit easier to accept these things philosophically.
I know I just wish that I could of helped it somehow sighs...At least I have five big healthy buns and moms really sweet...Thanks I needed that.

Congratulations on your first litter!! I'm sorry you lost the one... there are so many reasons that can happen, almost all of them completely out of your control. But focus on your five awesome, healthy, wiggly little bunnies, and it'll feel better. :)

Back