My bunnies are here! **PICS added

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissapell

Reaction score
I went to pick up my buns today! SO excited to have them w/ me now. The NZW is around 4 months, SF doe 1 is 4.5 months, SF doe 2 is 5 months, and SF buck is a little over 6 months and is a BIG boy. The female SF were in a cage the sexfairy visited. How concerned should I be that they could be preg? She suggested putting a nest box in with them in a wk or so which I will. I felt ones stomach for marbles and did not detect anything but she was the younger of the 2. Seriously tho, its not like I know what I am doing looking for marbles in her stomach. :?

So far the buck is the only one w/ a sorta name. CUJO - everytime I come close to the cage he gets real still. Then when I open the door he lunges for me. He was put in the wrong cage last night so i need to move him but I can barely get my hands on him!
The NZW looks tiny compared to the SF does.

Attachments

• 4.5monltsilver.JPG
    4.5monltsilver.JPG
    343.1 KB
  • lt-silver.JPG
    lt-silver.JPG
    341.1 KB
  • 5monSilver.JPG
    5monSilver.JPG
    337.3 KB
  • 4monNZW.JPG
    4monNZW.JPG
    332.7 KB
  • NZW.JPG
    NZW.JPG
    334.8 KB
  • CUJO 6mon.JPG
    CUJO 6mon.JPG
    341.8 KB
Congratulations on your new bunnies! Everyone here knows how exciting that it, and we keep repeating it over and over again. It's called rabbitosis.

The young does "could" be bred, but probably not. Put a nestbox in, but don't expect much.

Don't feel back about not being able to palpate either. I've raised rabbits for over a decade and I'm lousy at it.

Pics...you know we want some pics!

luvabunny":or3540x2 said:
The young does "could" be bred, but probably not. Put a nestbox in, but don't expect much.

:yeahthat: Put the nests in to be safe though. Better to be prepared than regret not doing it.

Congratulations on the start to your meat rabbit herd! Looking forward to seeing pics of them. :)

Congratulations! Definitely an exciting time! Thrilled for you. Definitely would love to see pics when you have time!

Hoping to hear about healthy popples in the near future.

Karen

lissapell":n67s1qs8 said:
So far the buck is the only one w/ a sorta name. CUJO - everytime I come close to the cage he gets real still. Then when I open the door he lunges for me. He was put in the wrong cage last night so i need to move him but I can barely get my hands on him!

He is telling you that he is not settled in yet and that you are invading HIS space. That is normal. It can take up to a month for new rabbits to settle in and learn that you are nice and won't hurt them. Put on a think jacket and gloves to handle them until they get used to you. After you get them into the right cages, don't mess with them too much for a few days. Just talk to them and offer them treats occasionally, like a weed or leaf or pine cone or small piece of apple. They will warm up...

Lovely rabbits! No wonder you are so thrilled and excited.

Regarding the "Cujo" buck, OAF gave some really great advise. The "quarantine" period is an excellent time not just to make sure new rabbits aren't sick but also given them time to settle in and get to know their new space and you. Being a "prey" animal, they just need to know they are safe but eventually they do realize it.

Karen

Back