my american sables are on strike

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
and have been for 6months now. I even brought in a new experienced buck. Everyone cuddles nicely and no breeding happens. The does did look ready but 6months has gone by and now in the middle of winter they have gone pale pink. Unfortunately I can't leave lights on for them. The netherlands on the other hand are popping out kits like crazy and I have nothing of show quality due to minor color problems like toenails. Through everything those darn netherland dwarfs have not faltered. They didn't get the cocci problems, they haven't had breeding problems, they are a bit of slow starters with stuck litters the first time or 2 around but after that they just produce and produce.... I don't know why people have so much trouble with them. They are my hardiest rabbits and I was having to take some to a good petstore I know because I had so much excess. Now the sables that I gave up all my 3 years of work on meat rabbits for I'm threatening to shoot but they cost me too much to go through with it. :roll: No juniors to show this spring if anything to show this spring since by first show my does with luck will actually be pregnant. Maybe I won't breed the youngest one so I can show something. Netherlands are always first and I don't know if I want to get up that early. I have a sleeping disorder. Maybe I can convince someone to sign them up for me at least since early breed registration is still about an hour before the show officially starts.

Wish I could help. my whole barn has been on strike since August, and i have supplemental lighting :(

Latest posts

Back