Moving a pregnant doe

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hall.nick1781

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently posted about my 2 new bunnies, and the female being pregnant.
Today I got a call telling me my mother is on hospice so I’m currently headed to her, she’s 15 hours away. I couldn’t find anyone to watch my buns as it was very last minute and I’m not sure how long I will be here. I know it’s probably silly to be worried about it at a time like this but I’m nervous about moving mom so far into her pregnancy (can definitely feel babies, she’s made her nest which I brought in her carrier) what’s the chances of this causing her to abort the babies?

Not very likely I would guess, but she'll need a very quite place, boring quite, to settle in quick and to avoid any more stress or distraction. I also tend to keep does that are about to kindle in a hutch for a day or two to make it easier for her by not giving too many options of where to build the nest or what to do.

Good luck to you and your mom ♥ it's a difficult time especially to be so far from your home environment, not have a solid end date, and to be the main caretaker. Keep us updated and reach out if you need an ear! I've been following this hospice nurse since last year and she's been such an angel for detailing the process, removing any fear, and making sense out of all the weird body things involved in the death process which makes it a lot easier for involved family members who witness some of the more stressful mysteries of bio functions at end of life... not to mention how to handle and understand your hospice team! Hope it helps bring peace! Sending love

Good luck to you and your mom ♥ it's a difficult time especially to be so far from your home environment, not have a solid end date, and to be the main caretaker. Keep us updated and reach out if you need an ear! I've been following this hospice nurse since last year and she's been such an angel for detailing the process, removing any fear, and making sense out of all the weird body things involved in the death process which makes it a lot easier for involved family members who witness some of the more stressful mysteries of bio functions at end of life... not to mention how to handle and understand your hospice team! Hope it helps bring peace! Sending love
Good luck, it is not an easy situation but I am sure you and momma bunny will do well.

Latest posts

Back