Missing Kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Br. Fidelis Ebeyer

Reaction score
We just had 2 does kindle and both are missing kits. I push the fur aside and check on the pile of kits each day. One doe is missing one and the other is missing two… Has anyone else ever experienced this? I looked around the hutch and I couldn’t find any dead kits. I don’t think the does ate them. There no side of blood and the does never run out of food; we always keep them well fed. Kind of an eerie mystery; does anyone have any ideas?

We just had 2 does kindle and both are missing kits. I push the fur aside and check on the pile of kits each day. One doe is missing one and the other is missing two… Has anyone else ever experienced this? I looked around the hutch and I couldn’t find any dead kits. I don’t think the does ate them. There no side of blood and the does never run out of food; we always keep them well fed. Kind of an eerie mystery; does anyone have any ideas?
I've miscounted when only pushing fur aside. Under the others or wiggled into the hay. Now I take my hat and pick each up and into it's temporary nest. Check nest box really well, then recount as I put them back. It was after discovering extra kits when they got bigger I realized the original miscounts I have also found them wiggled out of nest completely and into other parts of their house. Hope you find them.

Latest posts

Back