Miraculous conception---and save!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cereshill

Reaction score
So, this being sunday, I was late to feed and water; wandering out about 10am rather than 7. Got to the last cage and saw blood---then kits, then kits on the ground, stuch in the sides etc.!!! One was gone, but I bundled the other 9 and brought them inside the house. After cleaning them off, we put them in a box with hay and angora fur and warmed them with a blow dryer. I got momma to sit and nurse, some took. One failed during the day, but the otehr 8 are looking ok.

So---she was not rebred, but must have mated thru the cage as I just pulled her from the litter at 7 weeks (last week)! Our other doe who was due dropped 9 again and all are looking grand!

Sorry I have been away---busy times.

What is the last date that the Doe was placed with a Buck?
If you were test breeding or re-breeding three and one half weeks ago,
she may have taken in the second horn.
If I am correct, she was bred when you thought she was not.
When in doubt, place a nestbox. :)
Ottersatin.

She was rebred (or attempted last week) at the kits 6 wk mark. I housed her between two bucks and due to spacing, he got his "appendenge" in there.... obviously.

Okay so from what I'm reading I need to put a something between my Buck and doe cages, they are right next to one another.(He is still too young but I want to be prepared)

Great save! I'm glad most are doing very well for you.

Latest posts

Back