Mini rex babies here

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasharia

Reaction score
We have new baby mini rex babies. This is a first time mom and she had 5 (1 doa) all doing wonderful. We have one blue (I think) and 3 broken. 2 broken have too much color so they will be petted out but the other 1 loks to have a good color pattern to it. They all look broken black. Mom pulled tons of fur and they have nice round bellies. Best first time mom I ever had.

Now that I look at them a little closer the ones that I thought where broken might not be. I thought I saw white on the head but it is not there anymore they might be an opal and a black otter. I will have to get pics to show everyone.

__________ Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:07 am __________

Ok I am going to need your help with color of the babies dad is Opal with 90% caster in his history and the rest opal. Mom is broken black with black, blue, little opal and a little chocolate in there as well.
Mom
018-2.jpg

dad
062-3.jpg

the nest
020-4.jpg

022-3.jpg
<br /><br />__________ Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:10 am __________<br /><br />broken blue
026-4.jpg

broken black (???)
028-3.jpg

034-3.jpg

solid blue
036-5.jpg

broken blue (???)
044-4.jpg

052-3.jpg

The kit in the last two pics looks broken opal.Actually a booted. The inside of their ears is a good tell this early on, agoutis will have white (pink)on the inside of their ears plus the white belly, (which doesn't help with the brokens lol). The buck would have to carry self as well to get a solid blue, because agouti (castor/opal) is dominant.

There could still be blues back in the pedigrees most go three generations.I got chocolates out of my oranges and there is no chocolate on any pedigrees.it means they carry chocolate.I get opals by mixing chestnut with blue.

Well that dark one is a broken caster with too much color. Depending on how it turns outs I might use it for the caster line.

Back