Mini Lop vs. French Lop

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schipperkesue":2krtnfxw said:
Well, my friend has solved her own problem and decided on..........

....both!

Please keep your friend away from my wife, no sharing of ideas, no strategizing, no "both" rabbit breed conversations.

Tell your friend that they made an awesome decision. Congrats on spreading the rabbitosis to another.

We do and I'd be one of them. ;) Sorry I didn't notice this post before.

Wheels pretty much covered it. They're pretty much just big laid back bunnies. Very friendly and love attention for the most part. All mine are 14# and up. They get all the hey they want and eat everything I give them for pellets...about a cup and a half a day! :p (feed doesn't last long around here) :shock:

They make very good meat rabbits when it's time to cull. By the time I can tell one isn't show worthy it's 8-9 pounds. (about 12-13 weeks)

As with most any breed you do get an occasional one that slips a cog. It's only happened once in three years but... I recently had an eight month old buck I was keeping decide he wanted to eat my finger, right to the bone in one bite! As it's just the wife and I we got three meals out of him. :evil:
Hello there I'm looking at buying a French lop I want a large rabbit it's been bred with a mini lop will they still grow to be quite large the mam is the French lop

I had a lop in my 20's and now decided on a Frenchie! Absolutely love them. There are NONE in my area, and was considering getting a doe this summer to breed. But I need to consider our environment here in Nevada. I have a large garage that I cool but I also add humidity for my parrots. Could I house them in there? Right now I only have one, so he gets to stay in our house. My house isn't big enough for more than one inside and giving them ample space except when I am home. Then my Frenchie gets about 1200 sq ft to run around. Otherwise, right now when I am at work he lives in a space of about 3' by 4'.

Latest posts

Back