Meet Aztec!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
It's just not safe to send me to a Fiber and Wool Festival alone! Dual purpose to going to the Fest, I was meeting up with a lady to see if she'd like some of my older kits..she did..took all 4 does that I brought up. :bouncy: I have to admit..they have GLORIOUS wool. And will now have an EXCLLENT home. Had really good vibes from Jane..yup. :) 2nd purpose was the show itself,of course. It was well known that I would come home with fiber of some sort...roving, raw fleece, maybe some new yarn...but what I brought home was um... "fiber on the hoof" so to speak :lol: and here she is!

DSCF6244-1.jpg

DSCF6232-1.jpg

Purebred French Angora older doe. (5 years). Yes..that's old for a bunny, but ....

She just weaned her last litter, so is obviously not in a show coat :lol: But the fiber is ... well ... wow! (although I saw some of their German hybrids..and I'm now saving up for a couple in the Spring. yea GODS! It even had crimp in it! <pretend there's a swooning smilie here!> One of the reasons Aztec here was for sale is that with her last litter she just didn't have enough milk, so the breeder felt she shouldn't be bred anymore. At 5 years old, it does seem to be time to relax and just veg out!

She is a bit cage aggressive, (and still really nervous in her new setting) but once out of her territory, she's sweet and gentle. Easy to handle. Which is really good because she is HUGE! Not just in comparison to my bunnies, but she's about the size of the large Germans they had! The seller said she was the largest doe she's ever had, and her kits show the same size. I'm hoping to purchase a jr buck from this last litter in a couple of months.

and the best part? SHE'S NOT BLACK!! :bananadance2:

Now..just for a serious jolt of CUTE!:

DSCF6248.jpg

(sorry about the quality, but this crew NEVER stops moving)

The more I see these gorgeous angoras, the more I want them! lol. and every other breed..

gorgeous buns, Ann! I like your rabbits, too! lol j/k<br /><br />__________ Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:29 am __________<br /><br />

i'd see about getting just one litter off her.... even if you bred two back ups for her. She's a wow for size rabbit. The wool I can't really comment on as well...wool is wool to me...

She's still reacting with "ACK!!!!! " hophophop when I open the door to the room she's in, but she's getting used to my presence once I'm there. She seemsto like hay A LOT but isn't drinking much yet. hasn't touched her pellets or apple branch, either. But I figure she's probably too nervous to really eat. She started hauling the hay-stuffed-toilet-paper-roll around and banging the side of the cage with it :x so I suppose that's a good sign....

she'll come over to the cage side for a nose scritch, but won't take a carrot or anything from my hand yet. Ears are up 90% of the time, and no grinding of teeth, so I'm hopeful.

I just groomed her and plucked some of the fiber and my goodness she has a lot of wool! She now has a plastic tub top to lay on..she's fairly heavy, and seemed to spend a lot of time sitting in her litter box (which she wasn't using as a litter box) so I figured her feet/hocks hurt from the wire. She immediately hopped onto the top and laid down. happy bunny.

well. maybe HAPPY isn't quite right. She's definitely going to be a handful. This is NOT your pet "oh isn't she sweet!" bunny :lol:

She did learn about mulberry today. No interest in the apple branch yesterday, but the mulberry is a hit! :D The carrot piece from last night is still there tho. I'll probably try dried whole grain bread later. (If the colony girls will give any up, that is)

Latest posts

Back