Mama-san is Kindling!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
:mbounce: wooot! Popples are arriving!

I went upstairs to check on everyone about 30 minutes ago and didn't see Mama..OR Peter. Clone was just sitting at the entrance to the nest tunnel peering inside. Pretty soon out pops Peter. Then Clone goes in. Then she comes out and Peter goes back in.

Well goodness. So I opened the top to look inside and up pops Mama-san's head...nose all covered in fur and afterbirth :D Quickly closing the lid, I backed off and watched for a few minutes. Clone eventually hopped up on top of the tunnel and just laid there. Peter kept going in and out...I decided he was showing a bit too much interest, so I blocked him into one side of the pen.

:bananadance: Happy Happy! I'll give her a few hours, then check the nest to see what's there.

WELL! There are 8 very nice popples! All squiqqling around; no apparent runts. I didn't stay in the box long...mama was VERY anxious.We'll check them in the morning to see how they're doing.

Clone (the other doe in with Mama) is probably due this weekend. First time doe, but she's got a good teacher in Mama-san, so here's hoping things go well for her. I won't be here after tomorrow at 8:30am, so.....not an ideal situation, but can't be changed.

I don't know. She's still quite heavy looking...she's using the nestbox as a toilet now tho. it's REALLY odd. Until a couple of days ago she stayed out of it and used the normal spot for toilet. :shrug:

So the box is being removed every morning, and put back in at night so mama=san can feed the kits. I'm trying to get a cage done for Clone so that Mama can just have her kits all the time.

Back