Making indoor breeding cage

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swaggymama

Reaction score
I've gotten into this phase of DIY with strange things... I've recently gotten my hands on 4 filing cabinets... one is a tall 4 drawer one, and 3 are the short 2 drawer ones...

My first step is cleaning them all up, obviously; but after, I'm going to use the tall one flipped on its side with the drawers removed, lain across the tops of 2 of the other cabinets...with the 3rd one at the end and upright. The idea is that at the end of the tall cabinet, an opening will be cut and another cut into the smaller cabinet at the end, so create like a secondary space where I can keep the nest box... I'm sure I'm not explaining it right.

I'm going to put a wood frame across the front of the tall cabinet, and put wire on that to make hinge door.

Filing cabinets will be for storage... extra bottles... pellets...birch wood sticks...toys... or whatever I want to put in there, really, I suppose...

It's so clear in my head.

It's supposed to be my husband and my weekend to unwind (we only get 2 or 3 of them a year) but my jerky husband decided to keep his brat of a 5 year old tonight, tomorrow and most of Sunday instead, screwing with my hunting plans, so he can suck it - I've got a project.

Has anyone ever upcycled filing cabinets for a hutch?

Back