Loving?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I just got a Holland lop not that long ago, and she acts as though she has known me for years. She isn't that old, and has been here for a week. I have a lot of rabbits, from meat rabbits, to breeders, to this bundle of joy. Has anyone ever experienced such a connection with a rabbit so young? The closest bond I have with any of my rabbits is with my only Holland gal, and then my awesome mini lop of which I HAVE known for years.
When I say she treats me as though we have known each other for so long, is once she is on my lap, she will run off for a second or two, and then come back and lick my hands. By then, I would have picked her up and sat her down on my chest. Then, she would begin nudging my nose, along with little licks. I don't mind it, but after a while, not being able to see the TV gets boring.

Ya I breed hollands and my main buck I got when I was 10, and he is just like that! I got him at 8 weeks so very small and he was like that from the first day, he even bonded with our rat terrier dog. We have pictures of the first day and the dog guarding him from the cats.

Back