lots of kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
Kit count for this month:

Twix-1 black guessing doe
DSCN0068.jpg

Yukiko(demon rabbit)- 7: 3 solid blue, 1 solid black, 2 broken blue, 1 broken black
DSCN0073.jpg

Amako-5 but lost all of them to the cold because of poor nest building and too little fur
creme d'argent doe-9, half mini rex all agouti patterned.
DSCN0072.jpg

I put 2 of the best marked brokens and 1 of the mutts in with Twix's single. Yukiko and the creme haven't fed theirs yet and yukiko is going on 36hrs since birth. I'm not going to try to force her to feed her kits... I'll probably lose a hand. I'm waiting to see if Twix will feed the fostered kits and I have Miyuki left to kindle then if Yukiko hasn't fed hers I will foster them all out.

if you can sex them at this age, you are really GOOD!

Youmake me want my group back even more!!!

I haven't tested it much but so far I'm 4 for 4 in sexing them the first week.<br /><br />__________ Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:26 pm __________<br /><br />Yukiko ended up in the basement in a stock tank with her kits. Her nest was good but I wasn't sure she would uncover to feed them and they had reached 48hrs with no sign of being fed. I built a little pen exactly the size of the nestbox, put it around the box, and set her in it until the squiggly things came and attacked her. She seems to have the idea now and fed them sometime this morning. The creme d'argent doe has a 2-3' high and 3' wide and long mound of straw around her nestbox in the colony but they have been uncovered and fed at least once. Miyuki the champagne d'argent doe just gave birth but only made a fur pile on the floor. They were alive and squeaky though. I opted to shove them in a nestbox since it's suppose to be in to the negatives tonight and I'm not sure fur alone would be enough. I tried to show her how to cover the box in straw like the other doe but I got attacked for it so I left her to think about her new nest. If Miyuki figures things out then we aren't doing bad with 3 large litters and only one litter of 5 lost. I may finally have meat rabbits to butcher in a couple months.

For most it's the first litter and for the rest it's the first litter in the middle of winter. They've got a lot to figure out such as you have to feed those squeaking things and hair by itself does not keep kits warm in 8F.

Latest posts

Back