Lots of cute bunnies. Some i need help with colors :)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipoGSD

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
So here are 4 litters playing together. So many colors and sizes. They are all so freekin cute!!!
Out of all these babies, only 3 have the rex fur, makes sense as our mini rex bucks are the founders of our stock. A few have very plushy fur, i have no idea where that fur came from? Original moms were satin x flemish mixes. So they should be flemish x satin x mini rex. What bunnies have this super plushy/fluffy fur?

Ok anyway on to the pics. Most of these pics are just to show everyone how cute they are. There are a few im confused about their colors

This blues fur is more plushy than this pic shows. The smaller one, i have no clue as to its color? Im thinking lilac or opal? Possibly otter?

This pic it looks a little brownish red.?

Almost all the bunnies together. But they kept squeezing thru the puppy pen so we had to use my dogs pool after lol

Reminds me of a hotot. We have been calling her Maybelline lol

The cute possible opal otter?

That was one delicious plantain leaf lol theres that super fluffy blue one. The black broken has rex fur. Theres a broken chin that looks like our sylvia. I dont know what color the one next to the fluffy blue is. Is it an orange? Red? Chestnut?

A couple charlies that remind us of peepers :( a broken chin, a broken black, the really pretty one we don't know the color of (opal otter?) And im not certain what color that other broken is?

How cute is he? Im not sure if he is considered a broken Chestnut but hes almost 2 tone. Like a cream mixed in his colors.

One of my favorites, this is the one someone on this forum said might be a bew when he was much younger. I think his color is beautiful!! A cream?

We got 3 of these chins, not sure what kind of chins they are. They arent as dark as nibbler tho.

Heres that cute little possible opal one. Along with that color i dont know? Red? Orange? Chestnut? And the broken next to it is a Chestnut but seems a little different?

Here are 2 greys, the one with rex fur is a little darker. Are they both blues?

The broken charlie or false charlie seems like a chin but its a very light grey. So pretty. Another one of our favorites. Another pic of the broken chestnut. Seems like it has a deep brown in it.

A peepers look a like

A black and the grey rex furred eating a plantain. Reminds me of the lady and the tramp spaghetti scene

I think that broken blue (close to the side of the pool) is pretty. And the broken at the top seems like a dilute of somw kind. It still reminds me of a dilute calico kitten.

Such a pretty bun bun!!!!

So yeah those are my feeble attempts again at guessing colors

__________ Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:18 pm __________

https://youtu.be/_JE-XANXxjw

Heres a video of them playing. I just adore baby bunnies soooo much!! ♡♡♡♡♡♡

Im thinking about keeping some. I like the cream one & the one above. (Opal otter?) But if you all had to pick. Which would be your hold backs?

__________ Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:34 pm __________

In my video @ 2:46 that little bun has mini rex fur. Is it a chocolate? Or a chocolate chestnut? <br /><br /> __________ Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:46 pm __________ <br /><br />
This is the one i dont know its color. But look how cute it's cheeks are!

So many lovely rabbit colors! To start, I think your opal/blue otters are opals. They look similar as kits, but the opals will eventually develop more tan ticking and tan/beige ring in their fur that you can see when blowing into it. The one standing in the 8th picture down would be broken opal.

There can be a lot of color variation in chestnuts. Wideband can change the distribution of rufous in a coat, and modifiers like rufous and umbros and make things redder or darker respectively.

Those genes effect opals right along with the chestnuts, and might explain why they look more tawney than most of mine did.

Is there chocolate in your herd? The thing with chocolates is that they will have softer colored eyes than black based chestnuts, and they will not have a single black hair anywhere on their bodies. Any black fur= not chocolate, not dilute.

Some of the pics have bunnies looking soft enough to maybe be lilac or lynx, but, I think it may be a trick of the camera, or lighting.

Ty zass :) yes we have a broken chocolate doe. Not much time to reply but ill reply more in depeth when i get a chance:)

shes shedding

Her as a kit
<br /><br /> __________ Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:33 pm __________ <br /><br /> Ps that sucks about the kit not being an otter. Been dying for an ortter :( lol

I agree with Zass that the Opal/blue otter is indeed an Opal. The tan gene which also produces otter and marten is dominant to self so you would expect at least some of the self black and self blue to be otters so it looks like you don't have this gene in the parents of the self rabbits, however, agouti can hide otter so there is a slim possibility it is there

Rather than chocolate agouti, I think the orangey ones are fawns, some of which are very "smutty" and have a lot of black in their fur and I do believe the light orange one is a blue fawn AKA cream

The plush coat would come from their rex heritage as this breed has been selected for generations for extreme density in their coats. It not a simple recessive/dominant gene like colour and probably several genes are involved, your plush kits just lucked out in the genetic lottery ;)

So do you all think ive seen all the colors my bunnies can produce? Im going to rehome some really cute ones but just dont want to make a mistake and let one go that I should keep.

Im thinking about keeping the opal & cream. They are just so pretty to me!!

Thank you dood & zass :)

It took 3 generations for chocolate to come out in my closed herd :shock: as Skys the Limit likes to say "recessives are forever" and you never know when they might show up in the nestbox ;)

I have 2 frosted pearl does and was wondering what can i breed her with what color bucks????? Could they be bred with broken chestnut? or what colors can?

Hi and welcome to Rabbit Talk :)

For future reference, please start a new post rather than adding to an older existing one ;)

As for your question, what colour buck you breed your two does to depends on what colour you want produce in your litters

Sorry Dood i thought I did start a new post im new and not really sure how this all works.....if im wanting showable colors what colors can not be bred with frosted pearl? Are there any that shouldn't be bred together?

livlovebunnies":bj4qby5g said:
Sorry Dood i thought I did start a new post im new and not really sure how this all works.....if im wanting showable colors what colors can not be bred with frosted pearl? Are there any that shouldn't be bred together?

Your best bet would be to get the ARBA standard book.
Each breed has different requirements. :D

ipoGSD - THANK YOU for the great photos of your beautiful bunnies! You made my day!

Back