Loose Stool Due Doe

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine9198

Reaction score
First time Doe and I recently got back into breeding rabbits.

I noticed this morning (day 30) that my Doe has loose stools. Not full on diarrhea, but.. well thick mushy poos (sort of like the cecotrophes but not in grape detention). She seems a bit stressed out, moving around a lot. She's currently not eating and will not let me touch her tummy, she jumps out of the way and is giving me the "do not touch me" behavior so I'm leaving her be. I can still watch her from my glass window (so I'm not there causing a distraction). I'm wondering if she's in the early stage of labor and is just stressed? There has been no change in diet.

michaels4gardens":2evpqwkn said:
make sure she has plenty of long stem fiber, [like stemmy alfalfa, or timothy ]
then just stay back and watch..

She had her babies!!! First time mom doing wonderful! I gave her free choice alfalfa/timothy. Gooey Poos seemed to go away half way through the day into the evening!

b476a1a040fbce0ff586952f8a55b44b.png

hormones do strange things to rabbit poops. Don't be surprised if around day 14-20 that her poops change again for a while. Just clean them up and watch she doesn't get poop matts on her behind.

Latest posts

Back