Loose Skin on Mama Doe

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graceful Rabbitry

gracefulrabbits
Reaction score
One of my does just had kits they will be three weeks old Tuesday. She has a lot of loose skin I was just wondering if it is normal. She is a little skinny feeling as well but eats as much as my 8 pound rabbit eats. How much should I be feeding her right now she eats about a cup. She weighs 5-5.5 pounds. She is very active as she has a ramp to an underground nest box she runs up and down a lot. Anyway am I just overreacting? Any help would be very appreciated. What can I do for her loose skin?EC80FB4A-6818-4438-B24A-F9D124E82227.jpeg

One of my does just had kits they will be three weeks old Tuesday. She has a lot of loose skin I was just wondering if it is normal. She is a little skinny feeling as well but eats as much as my 8 pound rabbit eats. How much should I be feeding her right now she eats about a cup. She weighs 5-5.5 pounds. She is very active as she has a ramp to an underground nest box she runs up and down a lot. Anyway am I just overreacting? Any help would be very appreciated. What can I do for her loose skin?View attachment 33259
Looks like a milking doe doing a great job - those are her full teats! :)
At that stage, I usually give the doe as much as she wants to eat. If she's already feeling a little skinny, you might add some uncooked oatmeal and/or BOSS (black oil sunflower seeds, stores sell them as birdseed for feeders) to give her more fat in her diet, which is helpful for making milk. I'd suggest starting with about a teaspoon so you don't upset her stomach, and gradually adding more till you're giving her about a tablespoon.
By the way, that's a great photo - it really helps readers understand what you're asking when you include a good picture! You really seem to keep a close eye on your rabbits and are a good observer of details of their condition - that's a great way to learn a lot very quickly. :)

Last edited:
I will definitely pick up some BOSS and more oats when we go to town, They get some every so often when I can afford it.
Thank you, that means so much to me.🙂

Latest posts

Back