Livestock swaps

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
Anyone know where I might find some info about where NC livestock meets will be this year? I've found several chicken ones but no "livestock" or "rabbit" swaps. Also pros and cons of buying/selling? I have 3 bucks that I've had about 1-2 years and I'd love for them to go to nice homes to be breeders or pets.

I know Tractor Supply regularly has them. I see them advertised on Craigslist. Probably not until spring though.

I sometimes sell at flea markets with a large livestock component. The pros and cons are the same as any purchase...you have to be careful. As a seller, I bring my breeding/info books and can answer any questions about the rabbits I am selling. I also do a health check with the buyer before they leave me. Also, I never sell a bun I would not buy. I have seen other sellers who can't tell you the breed, sex, age, or anything. With their rabbits in nasty tiny cages without food or water. Would I buy at a swap? Depends on the seller and stock.

I need to get better about documenting. I do know my rabbits parents and I almost always sex correctly, I've only messed up a few lionheads which I don't breed any more. But I like the idea of not selling something you wouldn't buy, so many people sell crap and crap animals.

Latest posts

Back