Litter comparison spreadsheet

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmuncaster

Reaction score
I have been tracking my litter weights by hand so that I can compare growth rates from different pairings and feeding regimes etc. However I don't always manage to weigh the kits at consistent ages, which makes comparisons difficult. I thought it would be easy to make a spreadsheet that solves this problem by graphing comparison charts. Turned out it took rather alot of time to build! I figured I might as well share it so I am not the only one to get some value out of it.

This is excel sheet allows you to enter values for whatever days you'd weighed kits on, and gives you comparison charts for all your litters for:
-Total litter weight
-Litter average kit weight
-Litter median kit weight
-Variation in kit weight within litter
-Number of living kits
-Survival rate
-Feed conversion ratio at 8 wks (if you enter that data)
-Avg dressed weight vs total weight at butcher (if you enter that data)

It currently has space to compare 12 litters. If you want to compare more than that you will have to know a bit of excel to copy/paste formulas, or you can start a new spreadsheet.

I've got some example litter names and data in there, just replace with your own.

There is also a tab that allows you to estimate the weight on a specific date for those times when, oops, you didn't get around to weighing on that exact day.

It's not perfect, so feel free to tweak and adapt for your own use. If you do make adaptations or improvements, please post them here in a reply!

Feedback also welcome in case I ever have time to make improvements myself.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• LitterComparison.xlsx
    436.4 KB · Views: 133
Thanks, kmuncaster! Not that Excel is one of my favorite programs, but this is enough to make me use it more. I usually default to Word and put things in tables, but that's a weak substitute for Excel.

However it's done, though, I think a database program of some sort is really important when raising a lot of rabbits or any other livestock for that matter.

Latest posts

Back