Lethargic rabbit! Help!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosima

Reaction score
Today at 3:00 I went to my rabbits and saw that one of my dogs had killed lily and was attacking mus at first I thought mus was fine because he had no external injuries and he seemed fine but now when I was feeding them he didn’t touch his food at all. I even put papaya flowers(he goes crazy for them) under his nose and he didn’t do anything. lily didn’t have any external injuries ether and she was dead so is he just in shock or does he have internal injuries?

He is probably in shock. Put him some place quiet/dark that feels safe to him, and leave him as alone as you can, with water and food available.

All advice I've read is the same as above, good luck!

It's not "just shock". The problem is that when in panic they can put so much strain on their heart that get's damaged permanently.

If he really went into shock that can still be deadly, I think chances are good if he's still alive after 6 hours.
My first buck died that way several hours after a fox tried to get him, he wasn't hurt, just unusual calm. not interested in anything.

I'm not sure what I would do today, I think I would stay with him.
https://rabbittalk.com/threads/shock-after-fox-attack.25245/

Thanks for the response last time I was him he was in the nesting box that was for lily and I put a lot of wood shavings. He also seemed brighter and more alert. I will keep you updated

This morning he was eating so he has improved. Do you think that I should get a other rabbit that he can cuddle with.

This morning he was eating so he has improved. Do you think that I should get a other rabbit that he can cuddle with.
Not right away, unless there is one he is already familiar with. No new stuff for a little bit, this is a case where doing less is better.

Back