Language of Lagomorphs

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildWolf

Reaction score
I found this link about rabbit behavior: http://language.rabbitspeak.com/
I was wondering if any of you have noticed the behaviors that are in the link. I want to know if this link is true or not. All of it makes sense, and its very interesting. One thing that I noticed about my shy rabbit is that when I turn my back (trying to show I'm not a threat...) she found come forward and sniff me, just like the link said. So I think it is pretty accurate. It would be fun to try a few of the language "words" out, like trying to get a rabbit to follow you, or say that you are happy and see if the rabbit will respond.

Yes, this is a very good site that is recommended now and then on here. :)

I used the show of offendedness with our minilop, who had started to nip. I did it to him twice, and he never nipped again! :D

if you look at the "nose wiggling part"... the bit about playing lil nose game with your rabbit...
:gossip: i do that with mine sometimes... :popcorn:

ohiogoatgirl":17f6r4sd said:
if you look at the "nose wiggling part"... the bit about playing lil nose game with your rabbit...
:gossip: i do that with mine sometimes... :popcorn:
hahaha!

I'm going to try it on my rabbits... one of them is very hesitant towards me, and when I need to pick her up (taking her from the run to the hutch) she runs and grunts and kicks.

ya i would try it slowly. i think rabbits tend to see us only as hands... so if you go and stick your face up to the cage they go "AAHHHHH WHAT IS IT?!" i know it took a while before any of them would do it. but i like to just pull em out and hold them for a couple minutes at chore time. keep em used to being held and handled, etc.

How did you get them to allow you to do that?! Do you get them used to petting, then get them used to having hands around them, then get them used to being held a few inches, then hold them?

I can't seem to locate this online anymore. Does anyone know where I could find this or have a copy in Google Docs, etc?

Latest posts

Back