Kits born with fur?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruhoppy

Reaction score
We have a Crème D’ argent doe that gave birth to one kit on Saturday, it lived a little over one day (I recused it shortly after birth from the cage floor). On Tuesday, she birthed four more and they all have fur beginning to grow. Has anyone ever heard of a three day separation in birthing as well as kits being born with fur? She was only bred one time with two fall offs.

We have a Crème D’ argent doe that gave birth to one kit on Saturday, it lived a little over one day (I recused it shortly after birth from the cage floor). On Tuesday, she birthed four more and they all have fur beginning to grow. Has anyone ever heard of a three day separation in birthing as well as kits being born with fur? She was only bred one time with two fall offs.
I've had does have babies over the course of three or four days. I've learned the hard way that if a doe has 1-2 dead, not to pull the box, because sometimes more come along later that are alive. In the most recent episode, the doe had one dead, then two days later had four more live, and the fourth day had two more (one dead and one alive). I've also had healthy litters that change from 5 kits to 6 or 7...these could have been miscounted originally (I'm pretty careful), or else the doe just had a few more after the initial set.

I've also found that when there are only a few kits (1-3) in a litter, or when the kits are overdue, they'll often have started growing their fur by birth.

Back