kids meat pens sold.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demamma

Reaction score
My 16 year old son's pen got 6th place on his meat pen. There were about 30 there. He got a blue on quality and sold to a New Zealand White breeder who we bought from in the past. He is putting them in his herd since they are two does and a buck. They are from does I got from him. 17 year old daughter got a blue on quality and 4th. A family friend bought hers. They both took some of our better NZW. Son 12 got a red on quality and last on his meat pen. We picked his rabbits from one of our lesser does but chose from her because she is sweet and easy to handle. Daughter 10 got a red on quality and not sure of placing but towards the top. Judge said the Cremes were not finished and too fat. All the top placed rabbits were Californians. I asked around and none remember any other rabbits but Californians placing high in the last few years. A Arba Judge and breeder I have bought from in the past and bought son's meat pen came by the barn before auction. He took the tome to look at the Cremes and said they were real nice and good stock. He was able to guess the Judge by all Californians placing high. All in all it was a good experience. We learned a lot. The kids all got $25. Pound for their rabbits.

That is great! You should be very proud!

Sometimes you run across judges like that in dog shows, they may know the handler or breeder, they may prefer one breed in group over another. It is frustrating sometimes and there are certain judges I will not bother to show under. Just isn't worth my entry fee.

Back