keeping rabbits and chickens close together?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diastech

Reaction score
I have limited space in my yard but I wanted to expand my rabbitry. can you keep rabbits and chickens close together. right now they about 10 feet apart and separated by walls from the 3 wall structures I built for the hanging cages. I have about another 8 feet that wanted to add a few cages for grow outs. if I add these then the rabbits would be about 2-3 feet away from the large chicken pen and they would get some dust kicked up from the chickens doing their dust baths. all my chickens and rabbits are happy and healthy and I let the chickens out often so they are near the rabbits frequently. my concern is more from the distance they will be from each other and the dust bath dust in the air and settling on the rabbit cages.

I would keep dust and chicken manure away from them. My rabbits are at most 2 feet from the coop. Dust baths can be moved... I wouldn't want my rabbits to constantly deal with getting dirt thrown at them. Maybe shield them with a tarp?

my chicken pen has a all dirt floor. I haven't had the chance to turn it into a sand bottom. the dust baths are the chickens kicking up the dirt.

the dust is not extreme, its the dirt they kick up by doing their thing.after a while it leaves a small layer on top of whatever is in the spot I plan to put the rabbits. if I place a a small wall on the mini hutch I plan on building (small 3 wall enclosure) about 2 feet apart to help, would I be ok?

Latest posts

Back