Keep Her, Or Pet Her Out?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d ‘pet’her out to an experienced rabbit person or someone you’d not mind mentoring. I am a pet person who recently went through this or something similar. The internet is pretty amazing and a pet home would be able to give her one one monitoring. My one bunny is a housbunny so I am always monitoring his poop, pee, food and water intake and provide him with a lot of attention when needed. I think a pet home would be perfect- coming from a pet bunny person. But I’m also a person who finds/comes across animals needing extra TLC. Getting my first bunny as an adult I was warned that during stress (home transition) they often will come down with an ailment. So I was prepared. If you so ended up petting your bunny out I’d offer to stay in contact / mentor if something should happen and fully prepare this individual with the possibilities (honestly this should be done with all pet rabbits). This way the new owner will know what to expect and how to handle the unexpected. You can “pet” out a perfectly healthy bunny who ends up getting Gi or another ailment with out any prior knowledge- you never know. I suggest throughlyvetting someone and rehome the bunny or keep her. Wishing you luck!

I read @SoftPawsRabbitry response and I think they have great advice!

Last edited:
Uhm, just to mention it since it happens often lately - this is a 5 year old thread. Please look at the date of the openeing posts to see if advice comes in time, or a bit late ;)

Latest posts

Back