JW Black-Otter breed to ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamerz

Reaction score
I'm having a lil bit of a problem with picking a mate foe my Black-Otter Jersey Woolys. I guess you can say the problem is whenever I try to figure out the genetic for color of possible offspring I come up with I high rate of Otter, I am not a fan of Otter. The only reason I have the four I have is they came as young with their mother I purchased (a Simese Sable, their father's side goes back Otter 3 gens that I know of). Any ideas as many of you know more genetics then I do ?

Here is a pic of one of the four of them 2F/2M they all look the same right down to them blowing their coats recently. Yes, she looks alot like a ND.
Untitled.jpg

Jane

What other colors do you have? There is a high probability the otter carries self. you may get some solid colors when you bred her, depending on the choices. My castor doe was bred to an otter. I got castor, REW, black, amber and chocolate. No otters.

I would use chestnut agouti.I get a few but not too many when bred too that color.

skysthelimit":15x1dwdm said:
What other colors do you have?

I have Simese Sable, REW, Seal, Pointed White, Black & Broken Black. I could always ask the local 4H leader as she raises JWs & may have other color bucks.

Dreamerz":3ej9orgj said:
skysthelimit":3ej9orgj said:
What other colors do you have?

I have Simese Sable, REW, Seal, Pointed White, Black & Broken Black. I could always ask the local 4H leader as she raises JWs & may have other color bucks.

If you have room for a test breedings, this would be the time. Otter is dominant to all of those colors, but the otter probably carries self and possible other things. REW, and black. But if you can and you like the color, got with curlysue said and use a chestnut agouti. Otter is recessive.

Latest posts

Back