Just when I thought it was over....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3mina

Reaction score
...and I had my rabbitry nicely settled. My landlord had a hairy fit about the rabbits :cry:
Apparently, thirteen rabbits are "a commercial operation" and just not acceptable.
So....I gave the SF to a friend because I really didn't want to put them in the freezer if I didn't have to, even with the idiot doe being evil whenever she saw me.

Since I was a bit upset about having to move the rabbits yet again, I was less than diplomatic when describing what I might need to do if I couldn't find a spot for them. The landlords reply was "You don't have to kill them! Can't you just take them to a shelter?!"
Like I'm going to take three years of work to a shelter :evil:
I explained that I show my rabbits and these aren't just any old critter I picked up from a pet store, I work very on my herd to make sure I've got the best stock I can....blah, blah, blah is all he heard. I was given two weeks to get them gone or go with them, he didn't much care which.

Long story short, I managed to find another place after much panic. I'd even checked with a couple of stables about renting a stall. In the end, a very good friend gave me space in their pole barn and is doing the feeding for me so I don't have to drive 40 minutes twice a day (only three or four times a week instead)

I really didn't think there would be such an issue over them since I had permission for animals already, I was keeping everything very clean. Hubs said I was cleaning the rabbitry more the than the house.
It's not like I had people showing up at all hours for small suspicious packages. But then again, where I live that's far more 'normal' behaviour :(
I need to move *sigh*. I don't understand the average person obviously.

3mina I am so sorry to read this! I hope you can find a place and can move soon so you and your buns will be back together soon. Bless your friend for taking them for you. That was so sweet. [[hugs]]

Ah, 3Mina, renting with animals is just the pitz, isn't it. When I was renting and had a dog there were always issues of having to 'prove' myself a responsible tenant when in fact I was far superior to most without animals. Unfortunately there are irresponsible owners out there that wreck the rental market for the rest of us.

I know you have already found a new place but next time have you considered renting a home with a garage? I find that landlords are far more tolerant of what is put in the garage...especially when they can't see it!

A house with a garage and a fenced yard would be nice, an acreage would be better since I loathe and despise living in the city. A small town wouldn't bother me nearly as much as city living does though.
Ironically, one of my employers has a house she's willing to rent me if the present tenant leaves but I can't count on that sort of thing.

Another very good friend of mine is a realtor, while she doesn't usually deal with rentals she's going to keep an eye out for me cause she's more likely to hear of something than I am

3mina":7ocx1itz said:
A house with a garage and a fenced yard would be nice, an acreage would be better since I loathe and despise living in the city. A small town wouldn't bother me nearly as much as city living does though.

Best kept secret within a reasonable distance from Edmonton...and low cost rental houses.

Warburg.

I work in Fort Saskatechewan, that'd be a brutal commute in winter. I'm kind of leaning toward Ryley and Tofield or maybe north a bit. I appreciate the thought though.
For the home audience, Warburg is about an hour(ish) west of where I live now and I work about 20 minutes northeast of my house. Those are hiway distances as well. <br /><br /> __________ Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:14 pm __________ <br /><br /> I have awesome friends, I'm very grateful for them.
I was offered a house this afternoon by my boss. The best part is she knows I've got the rabbits and is ok with them, she'd offered me space for them but it didn't work out due to unforeseen complications.
While this place is in the city it's on a quiet street, has a fenced yard big enough for a garden and the dogs along with an insulated double garage. It's as perfect as it can be without being an acreage except for the price. While I don't know exactly what they're going to ask for it I know what a whole house in this city goes for and it's going to be steep by ourselves

Those are in the right price bracket but I have critters so most of them never came up on my searches.
Research is not my best thing so thanks tons :oops:

3mina":1hjg36m4 said:
Those are in the right price bracket but I have critters so most of them never came up on my searches.
Research is not my best thing so thanks tons :oops:

A couple might be out of the running because after I posted I noticed you had dogs. Up in that area they are so used to two or three transient oilfield guys sharing rent they will probably embrace a non-partying family with plans to stay long term. I would certainly point that out to a potential landlord.

There is one in there with a heated shop...may be just the thing!

Keep looking...the end of the month is near and there may be more rentals popping up.

How i searched...

-Go to Kijiji Alberta. There is a drop down menu on the upper right where you can chose location. I choose Alberta instead of Edmonton Area because sometimes people put their ad in the wrong place.

-Click on the 'rental property' category.

-Type the location in your search box.

Happy hunting! <br /><br /> __________ Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:41 am __________ <br /><br /> Darn, now I can't find the one with the heated garage!

However if you do this search, then click on 'price' Kijiji will arrange from high to low. All you have to do is find your range and look in there!

http://www.kijiji.ca/b-real-estate/stra ... 34l1700204

Latest posts

Back