just in the nick of time...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eco2pia

Staff member
Reaction score
I gave up on the purebred NZR buck a few hours to the south of me and bred my problem doe starting on Dec 4th to my little mutt buck.

I wasn't sure he got anywhere, I thought he maybe surprised her once and then she refused...and refused...and refused. She is twice his size, it was hysterical. He's a good sport.

Well, I was convinced she wasn't bred, and she is fat anyway...today I went out and looked at her and thought, you know...she looks like she swallowed a football all of a sudden. I felt her belly, felt for milk....shrugged and "just in case" put in a nest box and a huge pile of hay.

Within 5 minutes she was building a nest, within 15 she had the first kit! :p

Plenty of fur, not sure how many kits yet! I am SOOOO happy!! FINALLY!!!

I think there are six! Just felt gently thru the fur cover while Piglet/Momma was busy with a carrot...boy they are little, but so was Dad, so I guess that is ok? It is down in the 20's at night...should I do anything? Or count on Momma? She has them covered w/ so much fur that you can't see them. They seem warm and active so far.

She is being a doll, attentive but completely unconcerned by all the visitors and fussing.

She is really a wonderful momma, I pulled a kit out today and checked it's belly, it was so full it was rediculous, like a bloated little tick. I can't wait to take them out and count them and take pics, the weather is finally back to the 50's so I feel a little better. I'll try to post some pics Friday.

Latest posts

Back