Jersey Wooly color

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demamma

Reaction score
Camera(16).jpgThis is one of our Jersey Wooly kits. I think it's a doe. She has red eyes but has grey nose and ears. What do you call this color and is it showable? I can't decide if we keep it or not.

She has the himilayan gene causing darker points.

In other breeds, only the self versions are showable colours and would assume the same is true in JW.

Cuteness!!!!
She is definitely a pointed white....probably a blue pointed white.
It is showable as long as she is not genetically agouti, martenized, or broken.
A judge told me the easiest way to make sure a rabbit is not agouti or martenized is to make sure the bottom of her tail is dark colored as well.
If her feet stay white, that means she is probably a broken.

Her points will probably get a lot darker as she gets older as well, so it may be easier to tell soon.

So yes, like Dood said only selfs are showable colors in Pointed white Jersey Woolies.

her mother is a broken and father a black self so she is probably broken. I can not see color on her feet or tail. So I will probably sell as pet. Now to figure out price. thank you for your help.<br /><br />__________ Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:03 am __________<br /><br />It ended up being a buck. The only color is a bit of grey on the tip of noise and ears. All the rest of it is white. The eyes are red. He is a very sweet buck so am thinking of keeping for pet. Daughter 10 wants to keep and show him. Still not sure if showable.

Back