Jersey Wooly Breeding Suggestions

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseywoolynewbie

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new to rabbit talk but found the website through an internet search looking for what color I should breed my Jersey Wooly doe to. Nala, my 10 month Siamese sable doe. I bought her to show through my local FFA, possibly show in a few ARBA shows, and to hopefully breed. I have not found a buck to buy yet and was wondering what color would be best to breed her to? I will try to post a picture of her at a later point. Thanks!

That would depend on what color of kits you hope for. Read up on color genetics of bunnies and see what happens when you mix different colors with a Siamese sable. Also read up on the ARBA guidelines for Jersey Woolies and factor that into your breeding program, too.

Currently, we breed for wool quality, temperament, conformation and color. We also have taken notes from the meat breeders and breed for litter size and weight gain as well. What you're breeding for will also change depending on what rabbits you have at the time.

Back