Jenneca from NW Montana

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starhollow

Reaction score
Hi there! My name is Jenneca and I'm new to raising rabbits. We purchased our first pair early this year and have our first litter and they are just about 8weeks old. All black rex rabbits. Mom is from a local rabbitery and dad is from a local lady and they produced a beautiful all black litter. I want to learn to pelt thier fur and also how to cook the older ones so as not to waste any part. But we will also be harvesting some at the proper 16weeks for meat. Also please send me all info on figuring the sex of the kits...they all look the same to me! Also if your interested in purchasing please teach me how to sell and transport to that sale. Emails welcome! [email protected]

Attachments

• 20210910_082418.jpg
    20210910_082418.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210909_165447.jpg
    20210909_165447.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 9
Welcome! Your rabbits are beautiful! I would recommend searching YouTube for videos on sexing the kits, butchering and tanning pelts, etc. as there are tons of good videos out there! I'd say at this age, it should start to become very apparent which ones are males, as you'll start to see their testicles. I wish you the best with your bunnies!

Welcome! Your rabbits are beautiful! I would recommend searching YouTube for videos on sexing the kits, butchering and tanning pelts, etc. as there are tons of good videos out there! I'd say at this age, it should start to become very apparent which ones are males, as you'll start to see their testicles. I wish you the best with your bunnies!
Thank you! Now that the kits are older I think I've managed to figure out who's who now!

a rough guide for you.... girls look like a taco with two thin red lines on either side of the vent.
Boys are like a burrito. When little it just looks like a shaft that a penis would come out of. When older you'll see the penis too (but by then you should see testicles as well). DO separate them by three months as some girls can be bred by then.

Back