It's been a long while, but I still love RT

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good evening everyone! It's been some time since I posted on RT (pre-covid, I think) and I wanted to give an update.

Right as covid was firing up in 2019 I went to what turned out to be the last D8 show in northern Ohio in February for over a year. As the plans to move my elderly father and his wife to northern Ohio was finally coming to fruition, something had to give, time-wise. Covid was lurking on the horizon, the kids were going to start high school, my elderly parent was needing assistance.... and so I decided that show to sell all my beautiful NZR stock, including the doe that had taken Best of Breed (my first ever!!) the summer before. I sold out for less than the rabbits were worth and cried on the way home will all my empty carriers, but I knew it was a good decision.

I still had two pet rabbits at home, so I was not entirely rabbitless, but it was weird putting my stuff away and not having my rabbity crew.

Fast forward two years. My daughter is almost finished with high school, my son has grown over six inches taller, I was reinstated to full time at work after 7.5 years of waiting, my elderly MR buck died last summer (he was buried under the peach tree and this spring we got an enormous crop!), and three days ago our last elderly pet rabbit passed away, the broken black that inspired the name of my rabbitry. She was 11 years old.

So now I REALLY am out of rabbits and am considering picking up some Champagnes or more NZRs. I'll cruise through this winter and see what the shows in the new year bring.

I hope everyone is doing well and your rabbits are hoppening. I miss having rabbit kits the most.
--Suzanne

Latest posts

Back