• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Animal Wanted ISO Proven Breeding Trio of Meat Rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Currently in search of a proven breeding trio of meat rabbits. I am new to raising/breeding/processing rabbits and would like to get some experience under my belt. I have deposits down on two breeding trios of pedigree Silver Fox rabbits but they won't be of breeding age till next year and am looking to learn the ropes hands on before then.

If you're looking to cull any of your breeders to rotate stock or are downsizing any Champagne d'Argents, NZ, SF or even meat 'mutts', please let me know! Price up for discussion based on what is offered.

I'm located in middle Tennessee and am willing to make drives up to four hours each way so that puts Kentucky into play as well. Honestly, for the right trio, I'm probably willing to go further, 😆.

Thanks in advance for consideration!

Currently in search of a proven breeding trio of meat rabbits. I am new to raising/breeding/processing rabbits and would like to get some experience under my belt. I have deposits down on two breeding trios of pedigree Silver Fox rabbits but they won't be of breeding age till next year and am looking to learn the ropes hands on before then.

If you're looking to cull any of your breeders to rotate stock or are downsizing any Champagne d'Argents, NZ, SF or even meat 'mutts', please let me know! Price up for discussion based on what is offered.

I'm located in middle Tennessee and am willing to make drives up to four hours each way so that puts Kentucky into play as well. Honestly, for the right trio, I'm probably willing to go further, 😆.

Thanks in advance for consideration!
I'm a Silver Fox breeder for both Show and meat. I'm in middle Tennessee. Close to the Kentucky border near Dale Hollow. Allons, to be exact. We can chat through FB messenger if you like. My page is Grinning Fox Farms Rabbitry. I don't have any proven trios to sell at this time, but do have some brothers and sisters that are ready to sell now and will be ready to breed in 4 months. I'm not sure why you've been told the ones you are getting won't be breeding age until next year. (unless they haven't been born yet...) That said, depending on your situation, (climate controlled rabbitry or outside) you might want to wait until October to breed, even if you find a proven trio now. The summer heat is brutal and tends to stress mothers.

I'm a Silver Fox breeder for both Show and meat. I'm in middle Tennessee. Close to the Kentucky border near Dale Hollow. Allons, to be exact. We can chat through FB messenger if you like. My page is Grinning Fox Farms Rabbitry. I don't have any proven trios to sell at this time, but do have some brothers and sisters that are ready to sell now and will be ready to breed in 4 months. I'm not sure why you've been told the ones you are getting won't be breeding age until next year. (unless they haven't been born yet...) That said, depending on your situation, (climate controlled rabbitry or outside) you might want to wait until October to breed, even if you find a proven trio now. The summer heat is brutal and tends to stress mothers.
Wow. You aren't far from me, about an hour (I'm just outside of Granville). And yes, the SF I'm waiting on are only weeks old so I was figuring 8 months old for breeding.

I would definitely be interested in keeping you as a contact (I'll find you on Facebook) for adding to my SF stock in the fall as I did just manage to get a trio of mutts last night locally to start working and learning with. One doe won't be bred till the fall but the other one is proven and already bred and is actually due in a week or so if all goes well (hoping the stress of the change and transport doesn't lead to a sad outcome but I feel her new environment is more comfortable and cooler).

They are currently in a cool and fully shaded area outside with a fan but will be getting moved into an insulated and well ventilated building (windows, fan and an exhaust fan) in the shade/woods in a couple of weeks. I am contemplating running an ac unit but want to monitor the Temps inside this summer as I don't plan on breeding until the fall but was hoping for a September start so we'll see on the temperatures then. I certainly don't want to stress them more than the heat already does.

This is all definitely a huge learning curve for me and I'm just hoping at this point to keep these three "trial" rabbits healthy and quite frankly, alive.

Wow. You aren't far from me, about an hour (I'm just outside of Granville). And yes, the SF I'm waiting on are only weeks old so I was figuring 8 months old for breeding.

I would definitely be interested in keeping you as a contact (I'll find you on Facebook) for adding to my SF stock in the fall as I did just manage to get a trio of mutts last night locally to start working and learning with. One doe won't be bred till the fall but the other one is proven and already bred and is actually due in a week or so if all goes well (hoping the stress of the change and transport doesn't lead to a sad outcome but I feel her new environment is more comfortable and cooler).

They are currently in a cool and fully shaded area outside with a fan but will be getting moved into an insulated and well ventilated building (windows, fan and an exhaust fan) in the shade/woods in a couple of weeks. I am contemplating running an ac unit but want to monitor the Temps inside this summer as I don't plan on breeding until the fall but was hoping for a September start so we'll see on the temperatures then. I certainly don't want to stress them more than the heat already does.

This is all definitely a huge learning curve for me and I'm just hoping at this point to keep these three "trial" rabbits healthy and quite frankly, alive.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. I'm excited for you. We were in your place just a year ago. Look us up on FB and be sure to pm us so we know you're the friend from Granville. Excited to connect with another breeder. If you ever get into showing, we can turn you on to a club we are affiliated with. We started as meat Breeders, and got invited to a show. Now we are hooked. Best of luck to you and your rabbitry.

Back