Is this what I think it is?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like ringworm to me. If you can get a blacklight (commonly sold in pet stores these days for detecting urine in carpet), ringworm will glow neon green. See if you can find Nu-Stock at the feed store- Hubs had been fighting athlete's for for a while with Tinactin, etc. to no avail, but the Nu-Stock cured it. Ringworm and athlete's foot are both caused by the same fungus, so check my BIL's feet!

I'd check your kids for ringworm too. They might have brought it home, being the little vectors of disease that they are! It can manifest in different places on the body, as athlete's foot, jock itch, and even on the scalp. I got it on my inner arm once when working at a vet's office.

Oh I know, we have had our share of it. The kids have not messed with these buns, but we do have cats that are in and out of the shed. I am almost not even wanting to deal with it. These buns aren't keepers anyway, just for meat.

He/she is in a cage with mom and the rest of the litter still, but none of them have it.

i second that... just butcher early and put the affected area somewhere were it won't be a contamination issue (i'd freeze it and then put it out in the garbage).

Well heck...it looks like one of mine may have the same thing...Do you just put the Nu-Stock on the bald area?

Yes, with a little margin around it to prevent it spreading. You might even want to trim the fur so it is easier to apply to the skin.

I think I may just butcher him early and be done with it. I really don't have the time to deal with this and obviously he does not have the best immune system.

Yes, good decision. I would have done the same thing. It always seems to be something, doesn't it! Just when you least expect it! :shock:

Would love your recipe for rabbit noodle soup though!!! I've never been good at soup, and that sounds good! I'm looking for some new recipes. Have a few rabbits to bone for the freezer on Monday.

fuzzy9":12eyeq85 said:
Yes, good decision. I would have done the same thing. It always seems to be something, doesn't it! Just when you least expect it! :shock:

Would love your recipe for rabbit noodle soup though!!! I've never been good at soup, and that sounds good! I'm looking for some new recipes. Have a few rabbits to bone for the freezer on Monday.

Oh, Rabbit Noodle Soup is super easy!

1) Boil some water, I usually put 1/2 to 3/4 of the pot of water.

2) When it is boiling, add rabbit on the bone. Bring back to a boil and then turn down to medium and cook till rabbit is done.

3) Remove rabbit and set aside to cool. Add chopped onion, celery, carrot, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.

4) While veggies cook, bone rabbit and add back to soup.

5) When veggies look done, add noodles. Cook till noodles are soft.

6) Serve and enjoy!

Latest posts

Back