Is this enough color on this broken?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Would one say this broken baby rex has at least ten percent coloring and would be able to be shown?

Attachments

• IMG_20240909_095248.jpg
    IMG_20240909_095248.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240909_095250.jpg
    IMG_20240909_095250.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240909_095247.jpg
    IMG_20240909_095247.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 0
Would one say this broken baby rex has at least ten percent coloring and would be able to be shown?
That looks like plenty of color to me, though it is entirely up to the discretion of the particular judge.

Some years ago I had a Satin junior buck that had less color than yours (smaller side markings and no spine marking at all) and he won at least 2 GC legs before he left for another barn. (He was not a charlie, in spite of his few markings.) At that time, though, the Satin breed standard faulted, but did not disqualify, for less than 10% color, and there was no general disqualification, like there is now.
RocketChipL.JPG RocketChipR.JPG
But that was back when judges seemed to take the "less than 10%/more than 50%" rubric pretty seriously. Now most are moving to a more honestly subjective (IMO) judgment that the rabbit should not look like a charlie or a booted.

That looks like plenty of color to me, though it is entirely up to the discretion of the particular judge.

Some years ago I had a Satin junior buck that had less color than yours (smaller side markings and no spine marking at all) and he won at least 2 GC legs before he left for another barn. (He was not a charlie, in spite of his few markings.) At that time, though, the Satin breed standard faulted, but did not disqualify, for less than 10% color, and there was no general disqualification, like there is now.
View attachment 43003 View attachment 43004
But that was back when judges seemed to take the "less than 10%/more than 50%" rubric pretty seriously. Now most are moving to a more honestly subjective (IMO) judgment that the rabbit should not look like a charlie or a booted.
That's what I was thinking, but since I have no personal show experience, I have nothing to go on. Thanks for sharing an example of a rabbit you successfully showed! That helps!
I have a kid coming to find a rex for 4H and I want make sure that my current litter had no DQs. He was the only one I was worried about, the other broken has a great pattern and the other 2 are nice looking REWs.

Latest posts

Back