Is there a market for a new kind of dispatcher?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
I had a fantastic idea for a handheld dispatcher which my youngest son and I are going to make (once we get the equipment for melting down and sand-casting recycled aluminum) but I started wondering how much of a market there is for something new for killing rabbits/poultry?

Have looked online and there is nothing like it out there that I can find. :D

A home business making and selling them would be a nice addition to the art but on the other hand, several dozen made and sitting collecting dust would be a waste of effort.

Tbh, I'd be interested in seeing what you came up with, but I do know hand making stuff like that can be cost prohibitive, depending on the design.

Personally, I like the look of rabbit wringer type devises as they're simple in design and therefore cheap, humane, and they don't destroy the skull, which I'm interested in keeping on occasion.

Still, dispatching is one of those things I think is always worth checking that we can't make it better for all involved.

That depends on how much work it is, and how much time you have on your hands...

I made my own captive bolt, works ok and I'll stick to it, wringing or so just isn't my thing. My only problem is the fear of missing the right spot. If that idea of yours proves to work good, why not. There might be a bigger market of people now looking for a method they are comfortable with than at other times.

I tried aluminium casting this winter - in my bathroom, since that's the only stove suited for it :D. Get's pretty hot in there, and it was not a great idea to cast there with styrofaom in the sand form, on the other hand I didn't want to run through the house with 4kg of molten aluminium. I didn't have access to real sand, made my own mixture out of play sand, wood ashes, and vegetable oil, kind of worked well enough but very experimental :roll:

Preitler":147oyxev said:
That depends on how much work it is, and how much time you have on your hands...

I made my own captive bolt, works ok and I'll stick to it, wringing or so just isn't my thing. My only problem is the fear of missing the right spot. If that idea of yours proves to work good, why not. There might be a bigger market of people now looking for a method they are comfortable with than at other times.

I tried aluminium casting this winter - in my bathroom, since that's the only stove suited for it :D. Get's pretty hot in there, and it was not a great idea to cast there with styrofaom in the sand form, on the other hand I didn't want to run through the house with 4kg of molten aluminium. I didn't have access to real sand, made my own mixture out of play sand, wood ashes, and vegetable oil, kind of worked well enough but very experimental :roll:

I laughed out loud at your description of working in your bathroom, I carve in mine! :lol:

Working on making the area ready, building sheds, saving for equipment, having fun. Will make the prototype and see how much it costs to make one, how well it works, how easy it is to use for any size and strength of person and, if all of that works out, will make a few for sale.

Latest posts

Back