Is it worth it

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosima

Reaction score
As you guys know I have 2 adult rabbits, lily and mus. Well, lily should give birth in 5 days and I decided to palpate her to make sure that she is pregnant and … she is not pregnant so I have been waiting for three weeks for nothing. So then I tried to breed her with mus who has been with her the entire time. Lately he has been trying to mount her but she runs away from him so I helped him by holding lily but she still was refusing and I started to think is it worth it to keep her because she has never been receptive and she has a pretty terrible body for a meat rabbit but she has a lovely temperament. She has never bitten me and ya she is lovely. So i want to know that if she was your rabbit would you keep her?

If she has bad traits why would you want to continue to breed her? I guess it depends on if they are pets or working animals.
If it was a first time doe I would rebreed after 35 days minimum from last breeding to make sure. If experience doe I would cull. It's part of the job

Latest posts

Back