Is it possible to get a red/orange/cream point white?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am curious too. My first reaction would be to say no, because Red, fawn and cream are agouti, and they require the normal color gene C to be shown. The whole chin/shaded set seems to have incomplete dominance with the selfs and otters, which is why you can get chin and otter expressed together (marten), self and non extension (torts) and himi/shaded in the self varieties.

just guessing though. Trying to find some research to support the theory.

If you mean himilayan or Californian marked by the term 'pointed white' and not sable points, then yes it is possible.

Fawn/orange/cream are chestnut rabbits with two non extension genes on the E-locus, just add two himilayan or a himilayan and a REW on the C-locus and you have fawn pointed white.

i would think like flame point in cats, but I have not seen one. I could breed my himi to some Rex that carries ee and tell you what I get.

Devon's Mom Lauren":1ky5b705 said:
Sorry but the chin genes needed to get the shaded/points suppresses all red/tan colour. There is something else going on in Siamese cats entirely.

That's what I said in my first response.

I was just curious if the person meant red points like a flame point cat.

I had a flame point English Angora rabbit decades ago, lovely red points and white body. Unfortunately, I didn't take photos back then to document the color. Does anyone have a flame point rabbit photo they'd be willing to share? Or any information on the background of their flame point rabbit?

Back