is it ok that my rabbit cools off by sitting in her water bowl?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your bunny is smart to do it during a heat wave; keep an eye on her come fall, though, I have some that decided that water bowls are pools no matter the temperature. Frozen feet didn't even make them stop. If she does keep toe dipping after the frost, I've had success using gravity fed chicken waterers during the winter

maybe she'd like some ice cubes in her water? If it's that hot, it might be nice? They'd not last long, though. (Hmm, and then she'd probably be spoiled and want carrot smoothies?) Nice looking doe.

maybe she'd like some ice cubes in her water? If it's that hot, it might be nice? They'd not last long, though. (Hmm, and then she'd probably be spoiled and want carrot smoothies?) Nice looking doe.
Yeah I figured an icecube would melt too fast, so I might freeze a water bottle for her to lay next to. Cause I definitely don’t want my pretty girl to get heat stroke…

Your bunny is smart to do it during a heat wave; keep an eye on her come fall, though, I have some that decided that water bowls are pools no matter the temperature. Frozen feet didn't even make them stop. If she does keep toe dipping after the frost, I've had success using gravity fed chicken waterers during the winter
Yeah I’m happy that I got a mama bunny that’s got good instincts! And thanks for telling me about how they sometimes freeze their feet, because I would never have thought of it. I’ll have to give her a different watering system when it gets colder!

Latest posts

Back