Is Camphor Wood Edible for Rabbits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meadowlark22

Reaction score
Yesterday I was trimming our camphor tree (cinnamomum camphora), and I want to give the twigs and branches to our buns. Anyone happen to know if it is toxic or not? Currently erring on the side of caution, but I know they’d enjoy the treat if edible. :)

I wouldn't chance it. Highly aromatic trees also tend to be toxic and some of the information online indicates that the leaves and twigs, although sometimes used medicinally and as seasoning, are considered toxic. There are plenty of safer greens to offer to your rabbits.

If you want to do more research on this, I suggest using the Latin name plus key words like toxicity rabbits or safe for rabbits. Look for scientific studies rather than personal blogs or websites.

Gotta say, it's a bit of a tricky one! From what I've gathered, camphor wood isn't exactly a bunny buffet. It contains compounds that could potentially be harmful to our furry buddies if ingested in large amounts. So, it's probably best to steer clear of it when it comes to their snacks, ya know?

Gotta say, it's a bit of a tricky one! From what I've gathered, camphor wood isn't exactly a bunny buffet. It contains compounds that could potentially be harmful to our furry buddies if ingested in large amounts. So, it's probably best to steer clear of it when it comes to their snacks, ya know?

Now, onto my take - I wouldn't risk it. Our little furballs deserve the best, and that means keeping anything potentially harmful out of their reach. Better safe than sorry, right? But hey, that's just my two cents!

I'm curious though, what do y'all think about this? Drop your opinions below, let's hash it out! And oh, by the way, have y'all checked out the mk library lately? It's a goldmine of info on keeping our fur babies happy and healthy.

Latest posts

Back