Indoor rabbit keeping--

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosted Rabbits

Reaction score
okay, a few tips that some may have forgotten--along the lines of keeping multiple rabbits IN YOUR HOME!!!

PLASTIC!!! Nice heavy vynal shower curtains are GREAT covers for walls.floors, etc.
Cover the floor with the plastic, put cardboard on that, THEN set the cages on the cardboard-- prevents holes in plastic

Have the floor plastic run Up the walls, UNDER the wall plastic

Keep cages far enough away from walls that the rabbits cannot reach, chew and pull plastic.

USE the vanilla in the water-- it is a real help!

Scoop those litter trays every day

VENTILATE!! If you can keep the room cooler than the rest of the house, that helps, too!

Indoor rabbits that have exposure to pets like dogs and cats still need hidey holes

If you have other pets, put the more nervous rabbits up higher so that they are not 'eye to eye' with a predator

Now, maybe the tarp is dry enough to cover a rabbit cage!!!

Electric cords can be deadly too rabbits so either have them covered or the bunny supervised at all times.my bunnies are in cages when im not home for there protection.Carpet is deadly when ingested by rabbits they cant digest it and it causes a blockage.

Ah, yes, the cords! Pie took one quick nibble and bit clear through our landline telephone cord some months back. LOL! We have always been very careful to keep cords out of his way for such a reason, but all it takes one second for them to find a cord you forgot about!
As far as cats, I think every house is different. In the beginning they were equally anxious about each other. But in a matter of a few days or so, Pie & my two cats became the best of friends... he follows them everywhere when he is having his "out of cage" time, they play together & he loves the cat's toys. Sometimes I wonder if he thinks he is a cat. LOL!

Using an exhaust fan in a window works wonders for ventilation. Just get a small fan that you can mount in an open window point outwards. run on LOW for the most part. You do have to clean off the vent regularly because of the dust the rabbitry will kick up.

Urine smell can be kept to a minimum by using litterboxes for everyone possible, or by putting odor control cat litter (it's cheap) in the dropping pans. If you'd rather have something you can put right on plants/garden (the clay litter can cause problems) peat moss works wonderfully.

just my 2 cents worth

Latest posts

Back