I will regret breeding the escapees, but they're so healthy!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robochelle

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
After 6 days of gallivanting, I've caught the buck who escaped somehow-- don't know how, none of the other 3 in that hutch escaped, all 4 have been in it since spring.

This buck survived on our farm, where we've spotted a fox barely more than a month ago. He outsmarted all the traps we could think of (finally corralled him with much effort and a nearly invisible temporary fence). I've given up in frustration more than once, he wouldn't be herded into a place to trap him, he wouldn't be caught by blanket or bin, luring him close with treats worked but his reflexes surpass all the bunnies I've caught this way. He thinks ahead, reacts instantly, hasn't been any worse for wear exposed to the elements and predators. For healthy, robust, survivor instinct genetics, he's a perfect match to my doe who did not as well at evading traps (but still great at survival) last year. The only trouble is I'll be breeding in the cleverness of escape artists...

I'm thinking of naming him Roadrunner, after all none of the Wile E Coyote style traps worked on him.

Back