I usually feed my rabbits once a day.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a7736100

Reaction score
Most of the rabbits would act like they were starving when they see me. They would rush the door trying to get at the pellets. Do your rabbits act the same? :eek:

They certainly do, even though I feed twice a day and some often leave food behind on hot and muggy days. The "starving bunny" routine is as unconvincing as the starving swine, starving kitties, and starving goats routines.

I only feed my rabbits and guinea pigs once a day, and they also get super excited and act ' starving' when I feed them each morning. It's just normal, they just get super excited! :)
As long as their not loosing any weight or anything, they're not actually starving.

Some of them rush over to the door and start munching on whatever tasty bits are being offered. Some of them, though, won't touch the food (unless it's exceptionally tasty) until they've had their scritches. A nose bump, a scritch or two behind the ear and then they will eat. Not all the time, though, either. Just sometimes and generally the bucks more so than the does. Sometimes, if they've had all kinds of forage stuffed in their hutches, then they aren't all that interested in pellets. Other times they still want pellets even after eating tons of ti leaves.

I guess they aren't all that consistent.

Latest posts

Back